Undeath - Lesions of a Different Kind (2020)

Information

ArtistUndeath

AlbumLesions of a Different Kind

LabelProsthetic Records

Released – October 23rd, 2020

Type – Full-length

Additional

Notes

Lesions of a Different Kind is the debut full-length by Rochester, New York death metal band Undeath, released on October 23, 2020 through Prosthetic Records. The recording lineup was Alexander Jones on vocals, Kyle Beam on guitars, and Matt Browning on drums. Cody Davidson supplied the lead-guitar solo on “Suitably Hacked to Gore,” while Trevor Strnad contributed additional vocals to the title track.

The album was tracked in January 2020 at Headroom Studios in Philadelphia by Scoops Dardaris; no separate producer is credited. Ben Cultrara handled mixing and mastering. Its sound uses dense, low-register guitar distortion and recessed guttural vocals while retaining separation between rapid tremolo figures, tightly synchronized drum accents, blast-beat passages, mid-tempo grooves, and slower death-doom transitions. The arrangements are riff-led and compact, repeatedly shifting between chromatic runs, dissonant chord shapes, palm-muted chugs, and short lead breaks without substantially changing the deliberately murky tonal profile.

Videos
Official music videos

- "Entranced by the Pendulum"
- "Acidic Twilight Visions"

Pressing info:
- 200 copies on transparent purple vinyl with gold splatter.
- 200 copies on clear purple/opaque green half & half vinyl.
- 150 copies on tan vinyl with red and green splatter.
- 250 copies on transparent purple vinyl.
- 200 copies on blood red vinyl.
- 400 copies on blue vinyl with purple splatter.
- 300 copies on clear vinyl with blood red splatter.

Recording

Recorded at the Headroom Philadelphia in January 2020.

Identifiers

Barcode: 656191044417

Tracklist

1. Suitably Hacked to Gore – 02:24 >
Here's my fucking axe I put it in your head Instantly you're dead Adrenaline As I start to kill again Your life is meaningless Sharpening the axe Blunted by blunt force I'm killing more and more Adrenaline Suitably hacked to gore You can't get away Writhing in pain With a blade to the brain A legless attempt at escape Expanding your mind A second time With a blade To the brain Suitably hacked to gore You can't get away Writhing in pain With a blade to the brain Futile legless attempt at escape
2. Shackles of Sanity – 02:33 >
An unknown being I cannot see But I hear it speaking to me aloud or in My head The shackles of sanity are now shed I am going insane The voices hunger will be tamed in time By my blade Kill them all Is what it says Desecrate them when they're dead Hang their bodies On hooks and pikes Stalking nightly I need more Kill them all Is what I'm told Compost their corpses For deadly mold Hang their corpses On hooks and pikes Stalking nightly I need more The skull is broken From my sneak attack It makes no sound You're dead This is your dying ground The head is dripping I bashed it in You're fucked My dishonor knows no bounds
3. Lesions of a Different Kind – 03:07 >
My captives are Kept in a pen With grime Covering them Rampant infection My experiments Cower at the sight of my face It's covered with Lesions of a different kind Inflicted by powers Of a higher mind My misdeeds Innumerable Least of all Reeking corners Where my experiments Cower at the sight of my face It's covered with Lesions of a different kind Inflicted by powers of a higher mind Leaking and seeping out of my face Cower at the sight of my face It's covered with Lesions of a different kind Inflicted by powers Of a higher mind My face is covered with lesions Of a different kind
4. Entranced by the Pendulum – 03:35 >
Strapped down To ensure that I can view The pendulum will Be tearing through First his skin Then the cheekbones The waiting subsides While he dies I pull the chain Resetting The pendulum To cut on me As I climb On top of him His tongue is Still wriggling His gurgling Will not haunt me long The blade is near To my own guts In disgust, reviled In disgust, spewing fucking bile In disgust, stifled crying In disgust, struck flesh and dying The swinging blade Is cutting me Blood shining light Dim reflection of guts Strewn around the room When they find me What will they assume Too much blood for one body The others' caskets will be exhumed Entranced by the pendulum
5. Acidic Twilight Visions – 03:40 >
These diabolic visions are Infecting my sight They are sapping my strength And removing my might Formless shadow horrors Made out of night My flesh they bite A thousand waking hours Have been spent on the edge Tendrils in my mind Climbing higher than vetch Unleashing evil Its will I incite Killing by fright Run for your life Kill to survive You stay alive If you run for your life While they die tonight Acidic twilight visions Rip and tear At life's existence
6. Lord of the Grave – 03:58 >
Scholarly pursuits of life after death Existing after your last breath Skin is rotting off, vision's nearly lost Erudition achieved at all cost Supersede the need to feast for creed Existing after your last deed Skin is rotting off, vision's nearly lost Erudition achieved at all cost I hear their screams And smell their reeking Rotting corpses A sickness Growing inside of me Gnawing at the void Where my self should be When I am dead and rotten Through death I'm begotten Weathered over time My bones will be forgotten Sacrificed humanity Long riddled with disease Atop a bone-made throne I am lord of the grave Commanding forces by decree Long riddled with disease They reap but do not sow I am lord of the grave
7. Kicked in the Protruding Guts – 04:54 >
Heaving steel On a blood-soaked battlefield Where men meet their fate A man runs up to me By sword organectomy His insides I'll dissimulate Taking the swing at him Watching the life, the life it takes He's lying crumpled on the ground in pain His guts are out of him Their ranks are not of this Earth, What could they be With hanging dead eyes, What can they see Taking the swing at him Watching the life, the life it takes He's lying crumpled on the ground in pain His guts are out of him Kick and I kick and I kick His pain has no limits I kick and I kick and I kick Turning his guts into gibs His guts are decimated With my boot's Metal toes I deliver Mortal blows
8. Phantasmal Festering – 04:04 >
Mass grave of the re-killed dead A sight not perceived with sight Remains grant me a vision Disturbing the afterlife Perverted rebirth cycle Soul disembowelment Pain able to be perceived No body to die and stop it Sentient, their souls Abiding their torment Groveling at surreptitious offerings That are lies For dead ears Nothing left but agony They're all but gone They're there just enough To spend all time In agony Mass grave of the re-killed dead A sight not perceived with sight Remains grant me a vision Disturbing the afterlife Opening my eyes. Now I perceived my hands crushing The fucking skill to gain The knowledge trapped within Staple it shit, too much to contain It's seeping out Apperceived
9. Chained to a Reeking Rotted Body – 02:36 >
The collar is pulling On my tired neck The stench is unbearable To my heaving stomach Added weight keeps my pace slow Hunters will surely catch me now That I'm chained to a heap And dragging it to escape Plodding on the ground At a steady pace Heart beating twice as fast Due to the chase Close to a job As close as I can manage All my strength Just to avoid more cranial damage
10. Archfiend Coercion Methods – 04:41 >
Preternatural inner mind Barbaric bludgeoning Commence the psychic attack The apparition puppeteering Subjected to various soul torturings For the knowledge inside Eons and eons spent suffering Will you spill what lies deep In your mind? Torture from beyond Inhumanly foul utterance And a flash of pain Pulling your lifeless, dragged under dirt Your soon to be discarded remains Shallow hole, earthly and cosmic This is your grave As the dirt is piling up The captors speak "This one shall be raised" Is this it The universe finds a fit Subservient in the unnamed Serving entities who wear no rank

Total length: 35:32

Lineup

Band Members

    Kyle BeamGuitars

    Alexander JonesVocals

    Matt BrowningDrums

Guest / Session

    Cody DavidsonGuitars (lead) (track 1)

    Trevor Strnad (R.I.P. 2022) – Vocals (additional) (track 3)

Miscellaneous Staff

    Matt BrowningArtwork

    Ben CultraraMixing, Mastering

    Scoops DardarisRecording

    Emilia AquinoPhotography

    Nightmare ImageryArtwork (lyric insert)

Links

Undeath logo